This is my place
to simply share
the rush of inspirations
that cross my eyes
each day.


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Monday night in Paris

The Ritz Hotel, one of the best and most prestigious in France. This was one of those top sentiment "moments" in my life, and I was with the most sentimental of all people in my life, so it was perfection. I was distracted getting there, I was having an eye contact issue in the car. But when we pulled up, this rush of energy came and I just though, "those are the revolving doors". Anyway, it was intense for a few minutes, and then I settled into present day and...

We enjoyed a cocktail in the Bar Hemingway, my Lemon Vodka cocktail was 37 EUR, about $45, worth every cent.



Just one of the flower arrangements in a random hall...


The walk to the bar, filled with wall-to-wall high, high end retail mini "wall kiosks"...


I loved the bar, I wish Hemingway could have been there, maybe he was...

Our spendy little numbers, mine with a rose... (ok, so minus $3 for the rose, and that makes my drink about $42!)


The miniest of mini burgers and some how they even made them to our medium-rare order request!


This I couldn't believe, so my grease stain from my mini burger made a heart shape on my fancy Ritz monogram napkin! We were all set to buy it, and the server said, "oh take it". So now my drink, minus the rose and the monogram napkins, oh and the handmade potato chips and cucumber water was really only like 20 bucks!

I will frame that napkin BTW.


Tim got the rose!

I wore a single "key" earring as my love tonight. I hold the key....

Then a traditional French dinner at Fouguet's, Steak Frittes. Delicious.


Oh and dessert, by far the toughest decision of the day....


Decided on mint mouse and chocolat cake. Yep, finished them both!




No comments:

Post a Comment