This is my place
to simply share
the rush of inspirations
that cross my eyes
each day.


Friday, September 25, 2009

Thursday, The Louvre & Arc de Triomphe

What a day, surrounded by Raphael, Botticello, da Vinci, Poussin as well as humans in Sponge Bob sweatshirts and Mini Mouse t-shirts. And some of those humans? Video-tapping, yes video tapping the descriptions of EACH painting.

Sorry back to the masters. It was like walking through my art history textbooks, I was in awe. Many of you have been to the Louvre, so you know. But man, I was blown away by it's massive size, the details just simply in the walls, the build-in cement stair railings, the outside views from nook and crannies that allow you to break from all the awesome art. Knowing all the people who have touched this "palace", have walked these halls, many of who I know, and more who I don't. I love to think my parents walked these floors back in the mid-50s when my Dad was in the service in Germany. They took a train for roughly $100 for two and toured France, Italy and Switzerland. Can you imagine.

Here are just a few memories from this big day.

Cafe' to get my art-eyes open. Why yes, that is a new coat!


Walking up...


If Tim were a Superhero and landed at the Louvre....



Size does matter to this guy...

So many places to sit amongst the greats...


I was drawn to the windows almost as much as the art...


Preparing for a modern art exhibit. How lucky is this tent rental company.


Even a single chair in the Louvre was stunning to me...


One of my favorites, "The Winged Victory of Samothrace"...


ML is totally watching me...


Amazing ceiling and I can't imagine dusting it!



Of course after hours of taking in art, we had some fun. We found this empty exhibit to be a lovely modern art installation...




Then, Tim gave as his "Louvre" away...


Leaving the Louvre, I will be back...


Arc de Triomphe to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment